Sunday, November 4, 2012

Mullet love and other forms of acceptance

I've had a pretty good week with my hair. I'm still very happy with the  relaxer under- processing. Someone asked me how I managed to do it  and honestly it was just a lucky outcome of my desire. I love straight hair, but I've accepted that I can't wear my hair that way as it emphasizes my thinning. So at 12.5 weeks I had to relaxe my hair to prevent long strand breakage but I realized I could control how much I processed.   I parted my hair in sections according to the amount of new growth and I started my process there. For me that's the top- middle of my head, then moving to the front, top and nape. The total processing time was 8 minutes with my nape getting only 3.  My texture feels like it does at about 6-8 weeks and I am very happy with it.  This process won't change my 12 week relaxer schedule so I am interested to see how happy I am at the actual 8 week mark.

Every since my disastrous hair cut of December 2009 when my hair loss accelerated and a stylist cut off my hair into a mullet ( photo below) I have hated trying to tend to and grow out the awfulness.  3 years later I still have the mullet but its significantly longer and much healthier.  It's still a mullet but I have just come to accept that's just how it's going to be for me.


The new found health of my hair has also helped me to be more brave to accept the end of nioxin recharging complex? Yes, three times a charm I hope. No matter what I have to stay firm in getting off this supplement, both for my wallet and my peace of mind. An honest look at things shows me that in three years.... It really hasn't helped with my AGA.  Vellus hairs ( peach fuzz) are not a sufficient reason to keep up with this supplement any longer and I get it now.  So in 30 days or less I will have thinner, stringier and less vibrant hair than today, but honestly, I am ready to accept it.

Getting seemingly closer to accepting my AGA,


Later~ JKPS

No comments:

Post a Comment