Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Trees of AGA

Funny how you can't see the forest for the trees!!!

 For 3.5 years I have taken Omega 3 fish oil, specifically Barleans Omega 3.  Fed up with taking pills for my hair loss and not being able to "see" results, I ended this supplement back in September of this year.  Since then I have noticed my strands getting more and more limp when I hadn't changed anything else in my regimen.  Each week I have watched my hair change texture, resist my trusted roller set and just hang limp with no vitality.  I was reviewing video of my hair from late August and was just in awe of the thickness I saw and asked myself...what the heck happened!!! I have not had breakage or long strand loss, so where did the hair go.  

The hair hadn't "gone" anywhere.  Thanks to my blog, I went back and noted that I ended both purvana, wheat germ oil and fish oil in early September.   Of these three, I felt that I still had the benefits of both wheat germ and purvana in other supplements I have moved on to....but not the fish oil.  My hair was still there but it just wasn't as vibrant, thick or healthy.

I went to the Barleans website and read the label for the product I'd discontinued taking....and sure enough.... among the exepcted ingredients fish oil, and vitamine e...... in the products is soy lecithin and rosemary.  Both of these products have been shown to increase thickness and boost the vitality of hair. Not only does this product help with the general wellness of my body, omega 3 has been shown to increase heart health, lower cholesterol levels and increases eye health!  EYE HEALTH??....I have been having problems with my eyes since September.... Carastasis is dramatic dryness that makes it painful to open the eye  in bright light. I'd seen two doctors and have been taking various steroid eye drops for months to ease the symptoms.  Light bulbs went off!! Fish oil was working for me in more ways than one.  I was so focused on the bald spots that I hadn't noticed the effect of the product on the overall appearance of my hair or my complete well being.  I literally ran out to vitamin shoppe and purchased my old faithful and I'm back on it to stay. I hope to see some return of both my eye health and my hair shine soon.
Signature Fish Oil Capsules – Fish Oil Supplement, Essential Oils, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Fish Oil Cholesterol, Nature Made Fish Oil, Fish Oil Softgels

Being in the forest of AGA has a way of blinding me to much more important things. Not that AGA isn't important but its not the ONLY thing.  Lessen Learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment