My mommy is here! There's isn't another person on this planet that I love and cherish more than my mom, my grandma is a close second. I've been anxiously awaiting her arrival in part because there isn't another person on this planet( besides me) that I trust with my hair.
I got my long awaited trim today. My mom does not hold back.... "yes it's thinning but its a sign of the times...at least for you anyway, we lose our hair" as she trimmed away the wild and crazy ends of my hair, she told me my grandmother is very upset about her hair. Apparently not at all at peace with her hair loss. My lineage that contains non- chalance abut hair skipped my mom and flowed directly from my grandmother to me. My grandmother is in advanced staged of AGA. She's completely bald except for our trademark curly section in the lower rear of her head. She wears a topper and apparently complains quite a bit about the loss of her hair.
My mom has much less tolerance for the hair loss woes of my Grand who is 85+ than she does for me who is 42. She actually made me laugh as she gave me her opinion of my hair. She pointed out that non thinning folk pay a lot of money to have hair like mine. She said that my hair was beautiful and thriving, at least the parts that aren't bald yet, so I should just keep my focus on the better parts as there is nothing I can do about the rest.
I didn't cry, even though she would have allowed me to. I knew I had new thin spots and I didnt expect her not to see them and tell me they're there. Honestly I didn't want to cry. I don't have to be brave with her. I can be my self. Maybe the lack off tears welling up in my eyes was a sign that I already knew, maybe, just maybe she is right? I am so many more things than balding.
Maybe I'm closer to accepting this AGA than ever before. I sure hope so. I'm exhausted.
I love her!
No comments:
Post a Comment