My mother finally let me get my hands on her hair this weekend!!1
My mom has AGA and she has given up. She wears her hair in a wild and crazy wash n's go and doesn't dye. ( yes @the visual).
The weekend I offered to "do my thing" to her hair...and she let me.
I prepooed, steamed, chelated, acidified, dyed! and then deep condition it again! After a trim and a nice roller set..... the look on her face was worth every second of the four hours that all of that took. She said, " I look like I use to look'!! " "My hair is so soft and bouncy!" She changed her clothes and put on makeup so I could take her picture. PRICELESS.
There is a lesson here for me. I've always said it....NEVER GIVE UP! I will make sure that every day, these thinning strands get my love and focused care. I will never stop trying to reverse my hair loss. I will never stop trying to make my hair look and feel its very best. The cost of ambivalence is much too high.
My Mom does care how she looks! (.... just as I thought) She just accepted that there was nothing she could do about her AGA and gave up. I won't let her. I love her too much. She has now agreed to allow me to do her hair every time she comes to see me ( ...err her grand kids) and I will happily oblige.
My heart grew bigger and my spirit got stronger!
No comments:
Post a Comment