Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Up from here



I've had a little time to process my shen min issue. It still stings but I've come to realize that this episode is just a battle in the war of AGA. There's no cure for AGA. So those of us fighting not to lose our hair to this condition are left with countless pages of false claims, snake oils, fake reviews and failed experiments. Sometimes we win the battle and sometime we lose, but as long as I still have hair... I am still fighting. The war continues.

 I've had some successes in my plight and I wouldn't change that for the world. The set backs such as this one with shen min is minor in the larger scheme of things... I still have hair on my head, I didn't and haven't gotten physically ill from any of the supplements and herbs I've tried and I still have hair.  That's where I am, I still have hair. I am still in the fight. Even if shen min and fo ti root arent the real cause of the deterioration of my hair, The fact is, my hair isn't better since I started taking them, which means they were not helping at all. So I've developed a new plan free of any hormone affecting supplements and I hope to see a marked betterment in my hair. 

 My current supplements regimen is as follows: Fish oil,  Evening primrose oil, Biosil, Yasmin, Phytospecifc and Toji.


 With the exception of toji, when I was on this regimen, I had the most positive results for my non thinning hair. I've taken the top 4 for years and phytospecific for a year ending mid 2012 when I had the thickest and healthiest strands since I was diagnosed almost 7 years ago. At that time, I was focused solely on my bald spots which these did not help. Now restoring my non balding strands is my primary goal so I'm going back to what worked for me.  For the bald spots, I'll stick with toji, since it has dht blockers. I'm entering month 3 and still can't honestly say the product helps. If at the end of my 6 month trial I see no improvement I don't know what I will do, but I'm sure I will have come up with something by then.

 I finally relaxed my hair@16 weeks. My longest stretch ever. I still have plenty of texture and my hair is no where near bone straight which is good. I lost very little hair in the process and my bald spots are still relatively hidden. Discontinuing my relaxer applications is a consideration for my future, especially if I continue upping the stretches. I mean, what's to relax if all of it is thin and easily managed? 

 "Headed up" ~ jkps
















No comments:

Post a Comment