Greetings all and I hope that you are well.
An update on my hair. I'm 15.5 weeks post relaxer. I'm experiencing very little breakage and I have about an 1' of new growth but only in the top of my head. 15 weeks post and still comb-able, tangle free hair would be a cause for ce'le'bre' in most hair blog circles. In mine, its mind boggling and unsettling. I've not been able to get past 12 weeks before now without serious repercussions. Now my head of hair has changed textures and thinned out right before my eyes. Its hard to celebrate a relaxer stretch when the top, edges, sides and nape of my hair is quietly thinning. There is very little new growth visible and the ends are limp and frizzy. It appears my hair is becoming finer and finer at the roots, which may explain how I am 15 weeks post relaxer and honestly don't see a re-touch in my future. Why would I? I have more scalp showing mostly on my right side and I guess the follicles aren't producing new hair, which creates the bald spots. I guess what's happening is that the follicles that I do have very slowly and over time have closed up and the strand falls out, but does not produce another hair. Its torturous to look at. The left side is still normal and so far unaffected. What ever is happening is happening to the right and right middle of my hair hasn't started on the left yet, so its longer, thicker and thriving. Crazy torturous.
So I guess this is it. I'm on a countdown. I can't even put into words.
This week I decided to blow dry my hair on low heat and low heat flat iron. I lost noticeably less hair during this process than my beloved roller set. Overall it dried pretty well and seemed thick. The ends looked bad as all of the breakage and thinning I've dealt with over the last 6 months has definitely taken its toll. My hair is straggly and thin. I'm currently 1 inch from bra strap length and I'm not cutting until the fall. I keep it back in a pony tail or in a bun. I've decided to try and give my hair fall plenty of time to finish so that I can just do one big cut. Its isn't going to make me happy so I would rather just do it once.
Overall, I am remarkably calm and tear free. Its been a long time coming. When I think of how much I have agonized over this portion of my life, I am emotionally exhausted and honestly, just ready to get it over with.
later~ jkps
No comments:
Post a Comment