Funny true story...
I'm at a brunch party being hosted by one of my best girls. Her guests included our core group plus new friends of hers too. It was extremely nice and well organized. I was seated next to a friend of hers who I've met a few times but I don't really know. No lie... Out of nowhere....This girl started pulling and fluffing my freakin' hair right there as we all sat at the table waiting to eat!! Why??? Why would someone do that?? We are all grown... Personal space and social protocols are clearly defined and accepted at our age right? Who just starts flipping and fluffing someone else's hair at the food table no less??????
But it gets worse... My hair is so fragile right now that if I so much as look at it the wrong way, it breaks. When this girl fluffed and pulled my hair, little pieces were left on my shoulder and back! She then proceeded to pick off the hair and throw it in the floor!!! I was compelled shocked and mortified!!! Who-does- this!!??? I looked at her and mumbled thank you (for getting the hair off my shoulder)... All the while thinking. "Yeah the ones you broke when you assaulted me by mishandling my hair without an invitation" and "shouldn't you go wash your hands before you eat"? "Geez where were you raised, where that's ok to do?"
Now at the time I was so upset that I wanted to smack this girl. I'm not violent and I've never hit another person in anger in my life.... but I really wanted to. Of course she's sitting there with long healthy hair down her back.... But that makes no difference in this scenario. I was so embarrassed that I wanted to leave. I didn't make eye contact with anyone at the table to know if anyone else saw the scene. I didn't leave but I wanted to cry. It was a tough day.
I understand that my stupid hair struggle is my own. Deep down I thought maybe she felt I would feel complemented by her fluffing my hair... I mean it was very soft and fluffy and I'm sure she had no idea it would break so easily. I don't try to make anyone understand how I feel and I've stopped talking about it. Part of me wishes I had the courage to shave it all off. That way I'm not constantly reminded of what was or what could have been. These everyday issues are getting to be too much to deal with.
It's ok if my story seems chuckle worthy to you. Honestly, the absurdity of it makes me laugh too. But just a little. ...
Later~jkps
Sending a big e-hug your way!!
ReplyDeleteRecieved! Thank you!
ReplyDelete