Things are better for me. Not necessarily with my hair but I've reduced some stress and worry in my life and I just feel better about a lot of things but especially my hair struggle. A few things have helped....
First I deleted all of my old hair videos. Since I am on a new quest to regrow my hair, I honestly saw no reason to torture myself by looking at year old videos and pictures of what once was. No need to keep looking back. I actually felt kind of freed.
I've accepted my current status as a setback. I'm not going to claim the accelerated loss just yet. It hasn't spread to my left side of head....yet so maybe the right will recover. I'm giving it all the care and tenderness I can. Last week I cut off two -three inches of hair from the left side hoping to make the imbalance less obvious. It helped just a little bit. I'm now apl on 3/4 of my head. It looks very off but I just cannot bear to cut off thriving hair. I just keep it back as much as possible. This setback has been a doosy. So far I've lost 6 inches of hair length since November 2012.
I've been cleaning out my product stash. It's impressive enough for me to open a small store. Full of products I hated. But I've started using some as shave cream! Yep, works great! Leave my skin so smooth and soft. I've even gotten my husband to try them and he's happy too. I've notice that my stash is heavy protein... Clearly I don't need to buy another product unless it has absolutely no protein at all. Since I've had the hardest time finding those products that actually work on my hair... My product junkie ways have drastically improved.
I've given up on sulfur. I'm just one of those folks who can't get msm or topical sulphur to do a dang thing for me. I've used up the growth aids (hair trigger, liquid gold, njoy) that I've purchased and won't repurchase.
I now wash my hair standing over my tub as opposed to over my sink. I'm almost upside down and I get dizzy but I figûre hey... Twice a week ill give the inversion method a try. Although I haven't gotten two inches in week or even a month... There is something to getting extra blood to rush to my scalp. Plus, I get much less tangles and find my hair is much smoother.
So I'm better. I'm not sure if its all my attitude or adjustments and it doesn't matter to me. I'm just glad to be able to say it.
Later~ jkps
No comments:
Post a Comment