Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thick headed



So back a couple of months ago, I was told that the herb fo to root, which was included in the hair supplement shen min, which I'd taken for 6 months... Was causing my hormones to go haywire and was the very likely cause of the deterioration, frizzy, limp, thinning condition of my hair.  I immediately stopped taking it and a few weeks later my hair felt more normal, it looked more normal than it had since December last year and I was happy. Or so I thought.

I still was having trouble believing that fo ti root could do such harm to my hair... Sooo I started back taking it... I still had a full bottle and I just had to know.   I mean all of those reviews couldn't be wrong and no one mentioned a problem like mine.  Maybe I got it wrong and it wasn't the shen min, but glycerin that was making my hair look fried. Well I gave up using glycerin based products on my hair since I read that it can make your hair dry and frizzy in certain climates. It took exactly three weeks for my hair to go back to that same frizzy, dry and unruly mess I've dealt with all summer.   I quickly flushed what I had left of shen min down the toilet so that I will never be tempted to take them again.  It turns out glycerin isn't good for my hair and neither is shen min.

The last two weeks or so after the purge, I've had minimal to zero frizz. My products work like they should and I'm not sad to look at my hair in a mirror.  Even on muggy days it looks more presentable and cared for than it has looked in a long time. My hair is soft, shiny, springy and is no longer breaking.  I'm so freaking happy and all I had to do was listen to my body and my hair.

In my effort to combat my hair loss, it seems sometimes I am easily blinded by what seems to work for others instead of sticking to what I know works for me. I see nothing wrong with trying what my wallet will allow me to in order to control my hair loss but sometimes I need to be reminded to pay attention to my body first and then my hair. That is what this little mini experiment was for me.    At least this time.. I didn't let my thick head cover up for too long what should have been obvious enough months ago.

Feeling so much better!

Jkps


No comments:

Post a Comment