Monday, October 15, 2012

I'd better figure something out

This is my hair yesterday after my mega wash session. It's growing pretty well and I'm glad I take these photos so that I don't miss it. It's growing steadily in some places and not at all in others. Right now with this mullet,  I need to figure out how to get it off my shoulders without looking "mangy".  I've not been able to wear my hair in a protective style that is able to both protect my ends and hide my thinning. Right now, my curly sets still work but as my hair grows longer I know my ends are rubbing my clothes, chairs and everything else my back touches.

 I actually need to decide weather my goal is to keep it growing or cut it to a thicker length. I know this sounds crazy but I feel as if the longer it gets the thinner it looks. It's beyond me how the same head of hair can be thriving and balding at the same time.  I'm 11 weeks post relaxer and I barely have a 1/4 inch of growth. So sad. I get it more and more each day that my focus is to keep working (even if in vain) on the bald spots but try my all to retain the growth

Looking at this photo I see progress and secrets. My focus and dedication is working where it can. The rest is hidden away behind the shine and health.  You'd never know by looking at me that I'm balding and for those thriving follicles I am deeply thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment