Friday, September 7, 2012

It's just how it is

My endo follow up went as expected.  There's nothing wrong with me but I am losing my hair. No thyroid failure, hormone wackiness, blood disorder.  "It's just how it is"  "Some of us lose our hair"  He did sorta of apologize for saying the I was a medical anomaly.  He said that if my biopsy indicates AGA then that's what it is.   He noted that I should just do what I can to hold off the inevitable.   blah, blah.  Seeing a doctor for hair loss seems like a true waste of time, resource and hope.

I can't say I'm not discouraged.  I am.  I can't say that I will give up, because I know I won't. I haven't mapped out a new plan yet.  I haven't decided on a reason to do so. 

Its just hair, I keep saying to myself.  I don't believe it for a minute.  For some of us, fo rme, its so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment