This wasn't a good hair week. I noticed two new smooth spots on my scalp. I don't know how much longer I can hold off this AGA. The new spots aren't obvious to see but I can feel them there. All week I kept adjusting my hair to cover them. The good news is, I didn't cry. There's nothing I can do! There's no cure, no prescription, no miracle, nothing cures AGA.
I've taken viviscal for two months and so far I haven't noticed any difference in my hair. The pills are easy to take and I tolerate them well. I'll invest the full six month to see if they offer any improvement.
I returned to nioxin. After I found the new spots I felt "maybe, just maybe" the new spots are from me stopping nioxin??? I could find no other correction. For months I have watched the price of nioxin tablets skyrocket to over $200, yes over $200! So I knew they had become out of my reach and honestly the price gouging played a part in my decision to stop taking them. I googled them again on Monday and found mercy! An obscure website with apparently just one bottle left at $39.99 plus shipping. I was very happy and took that as a sign that it was meant for me to stay on them as long as I can afford them. I'm back on them likely until I'm 80 or they stopped working.
I need a hair cut. I've known for months I need to let go of 3 inches minimum. I just can't do it. It's getting more and more difficult to manage the unruly dry and frayed ends but I know I'll feel worse when my hair is back to chin lenght and it will be more difficult to cover my concern areas. So I just can't right now. I just can't. Later~
No comments:
Post a Comment