Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hair envy sucks

I understand that I'm not 30 anymore and my hair is not on the "upside" of growing healthy but I still have hair envy. I see women with long healthy hair and remember when mine was thick long and healthy. Two kids, enormous stress and hereditary balding have left me with anything but healthy hair.

I m in week 8 of a relaxer stretch. I am hoping for a full one inch of growth before I relax again. Two months... I barely have an inch. Sad, because I am swallowing tons of vitamins and you would think there would be some increase in growth rate but not for me.

So I just watch and try to control the emotions attached to how badly I wish I could reverse my hair loss and see real growth of my hair.

Later~

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you are going through that. Sometimes God gives us challenges, (or takes away what we privilege ) in order to receive a greater more bountiful blessing that He has.

    I wish that I could help you. :'( I am no hair expert (about a million miles from it) but I will advise you to the best of my ability.

    From what I see, (your profile picture ) you have a gorgeous head of hair! It is quite thick. Have you ever heard of the law of attraction? Ill post the link to an article that I look up to as inspiration. With prayer & a steadfast belief I'm sure that you will be able to get your hair to flourish in ways you never imagined.

    Just trust God & believe. & Always keep your head up. "I will look mine eyes unto the hills from which commeth my health. My health commeth from the Lord." Smile about it :) & you have a blessed day, mamn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. I really felt blessed to read them.

    ReplyDelete