I've never allowed any one but my mother to relax my hair. Ever. I've never been burned or experienced damage from a relaxer either. Since I've been thinning, I decided to stretch my relaxed past the five weeks I normally do to 8. Now during this time, my hair showed no real signs of a struggle. Blending two textures can be a bit of a challenge but since I have naturally fine hair it wasn't that big of a deal...... Until week 9. Breakage city!
Every time I touch my hair I would get 5-7 broken strands. My hair was clearly pissed. I decided enough was enough and I would relax my roots ASAP.
Now again I have been doing my own relaxers for 25 years.... Why was I so afraid!?? I cautiously went through the process and my hair turned out fine... As usual. My fear of my thin spots being more visible was unfounded. I didn't over or under process my waves. It was just my regular hair... With a few shiny spots of scalp showing. Nothing major.
There is no relaxer on thinning hair boogeyman for me. I worked myself up into a tizzy for nothing.
Of note... I saw no real benefit to the stretch either. Other than just not exposing my scalp to harsh chemicals. I'll try to stretch again and see how it goes.
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment