Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blaze of glory

My sister has a different outlook on her hair loss. She suffers from graves disease which is a thyroid condition. She periodically loses her hair. Her attitude when she saw me recently was "at least you are going out in a blaze of glory" hmmm I thought. I guess I could keep sulking and crying and hiding or I can just wait until its actually gone to do so. At least I could enjoy what's left of my sense of self and beauty before my hair is truly all gone.

So, a bit about why I started this blog. I'm losing my hair. Luckily not in clumps yet. I have more diffuse thinning all over. Localized thinning and bare spots on the sides and top.

I have refused to apply topical drugs like rogaine because I know they require long term use with little results that will cease once i stop using it. I will not take oral drugs like spirolactine etc because there isn't enough proof it will work and do not want side effects. No need to try these "might -might not work" drugs and put chemicals in my body. I just prefer to be natural as I can comfortably me.

There is a ton of information out "there" but I found most of it to be advertisements for various snake oils with fake claims.

What I have accepted is there is no cure for AGA. No matter what temporary fix a doctor can give me. Once you stop taking it your hair will fall out and the loss will likely be worse than before you tried the product. Catch 22.

Writing these pages Makes me feel better about what I know to be true. If my thoughts help another person in this circumstance, even better.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment