I haven't written in a while because honestly, it hurts too much. When I think of what I want to share on this blog, I am forced to face how I really feel about the fact that I am losing my hair. No woman I know wants to lose her hair, No matter the age. Sure, if you abuse it and it falls out, you will feel bad but ultimately you know it's your fault. That's not the same as it falling out due to genetics or illness especially after you have treated it like fine china....It's just not.
A year ago, I wrote about a disastrous wash day with a clarifying shampoo. Since then, my hair has been difficult. Nothing that I have done was able to stop the mass shed and unbelievable breakage. I caught it from both and I still have no idea what triggered any of it. I had to cut another 3 inches to make it look less straggly and I have neck length hair again. Its still thinning, but I do see signs that I should have a little hope.
It appears that my hair is changing textures. It's been happening for about a year where my long strands fall out or break off and what grows back is much thinner and much much curler. I guess my hair is in a transition. AGA does that. It changes textures, closes follicles, thins hair and breaks hearts.... At least that's what's happened with me.
What's making this a teeny bit easier to accept is the one inch halo all over my head. I've been on my natural supplement regimen for a few months now and I see good progress. The hair loss on the right side is spreading to the left now and although I am sad over what's happening, it gives me a little lift to see the fuzzy hairs all over. I'm guessing these to be new hair that is growing from follicles that previously lost hair that couldn't grow back. I am hopeful that the halo will keep growing out and I can deal with the new hair, whatever it's going to look like.
Ready for 2013 to go....and hoping this halo holds.
~jkps
Things will get better love. Keep praying. Keep faith. Keep your head up high.
ReplyDeleteKLP | SavingOurStrands
Thank you for your kind words KLP
Delete