When all else seems to fail, there always the kitchen sink. Lord knows I've thrown it at my hair loss! I literally feel like I'm in a fight against my entire body for my one head of hair. It's actually rather funny when I visualize it.
Someone asked what I've tried so far to battle my hair loss. After I chuckled in embarrassment... I thought I write down exactly what I've taken so far and what, if any effect it had on my AGA. I've chosen not to take prescription drugs for my AGA out of fear of side effects worse than having thinning hair. Everything i've tried is supposed to be natural. Here goes:
Phytophanere- worked wonders for my still growing hair but had no effect on my balding. It was expensive too at 50$ a 60 day bottle. I took it for a year and kept the hair I'd grown during that time...until now.
Phytospecific- same as phytophanere for me, another year in. Very pricey at 50$ for a 30 package.
Nioxin- The most effective hair supplement ever for me. Worked like a charm on my bald spots but not really on my non-struggling strands. I took it 3+ years it until it was mysteriously discontinued. When I stopped, my hair loss drastically increased.
Nioxin follicle booster-worked great, lost all of the hair grown once I stopped using it.
Nioxin follicle booster-worked great, lost all of the hair grown once I stopped using it.
Msm- zip, nada. Took it 1 year.
Fish oil- Gives me shiner hair but nothing on the balding. I take it now for my dry eyes.
Wheat germ oil- shinier hair that's it. Took it 1 year.
Evening primrose- shinier hair, eased mood, better sleep. Nothing on growth or balding.
Flax seed oil- no effect and increase my bloating. I stopped at 5 months and bloating ended.
Mega-tek- dried out my hair, heavy breakage
Liquid gold- hated the smell
Njoys growth mix- no results using twice weekly, 6 months.
Castor oil- maybe it worked, I still use it
Bhringraj oil - no results after 8 months
Emu oil- no results after one year
Hempseed- no effect on hair growth, great for prepoo
Wheatgerm oil- no effect on hair regrowth, great fir prepoo
Grapeseed oil- no effect on hair growth
Blackseed oil- still using, time will tell.
Alter ego drops- no results
Crece pele drops- no results
Phytospecific drops- no results
Biotin- no effect what so ever on my hair, skin or nail. Took it 2 years.
Purvana- healthier looking hair but no increase in growth and no effect on balding.
Visviscal- very very minor growth rate increase but nothing on my balding. I took this one a solid year.
Hair omega- in the first six months definite increase in hair growth, fuzz in bald spots, and thicker hair.... Then it just stopped working. Took it another 6 months, and quit when my hair started to fall out. Also it tasted awful!
Hairomega dht- I've taken this a full year. I have no new bald spots since I started this one.
Healthy hair- took 7 months.... Some increase in growth but nothing drastic. No effect on balding.
Priteva- I took this 6 months, hoping for some of the nioxin effect, based on the ingredients listed but nothing. No increase in growth or decrease in hair fall.
Biosil- no effect on bald spots but I felt my hair was shiny when I took it. Took it 2 years.
Aphogee- 5months. no real results and the hair fall continues. Ended with no results.
Shen min- entering month 3... Nothing noticeable yet.
Toji- entering third week.
Acv rinses- hair looks better, scalp tingles time will tell.
So..... As crazy as this looks, I honestly believe it all had to be done. Always hopeful...I'll try and try until I'm bald. Who knows... Maybe nioxin will return to the market or something might actually work.
Later~
Later~
Hi Lady,
ReplyDeleteHave you ever looked into emu oil? I think it's one of the few oils that is supposed to have the ability to 'awaken' follicles. Not sure if it's worth it but something to look into. I got a small bottle from amazon.com
Also, there's a company called Komaza Care that does hair analysis. They just increased the price to $85. It's not available right now b/c they are a small black owned business and can't handle too many orders at a time. You might think about e-mailing them, explaining your condition and asking them if they think the analysis could be helpful.
http://www.komazahaircare.com/personal-hair-analysis.htm
Good luck
Yep.. I've tried emu oil too. I just left it off of my massive list. Since I've had scalp biopsy where they put a needle in my scalp and pulled out a small section "down to the skull", I already know exactly what my hair loss is related to, AGA, for which there is no known cure. At this point , for me its now just a battle not to go completely bald and save my sanity.
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot for sharing this. You're not alone in battling the phenomena called balding since many people are at it too. They will surely benefit from your insights. :)
ReplyDelete- PortableSinkDepot.com