After months and months of watching my thin and scraggly ends grow out into wisps, I finally cut 2 inches off the ends of my hair. I did it myself using a tiny rubberband. I still cut it uneven but it does look better. I am sort of glad to remove this from my focus. I hated having the long hair that you can literally see through. Each time before I cut it all I noticed were the thinned ends... Of course now those pictures aren't quite as disturbing.
Picture pre-cut
After cut
I haven't been happy since the cut. It's hard to admit that my efforts failed. A year ago I was determined to grow out the damage and do just what I have done now... Cut them. Yet I feel sad that I couldn't saved them. I've heard for years that damaged ends can't be saved or mended but I'd hoped.
Compounding what I feel is the fact the although it seems I've slowed my thinning... The damage isn't correcting. The ends of my hair in the front and sides are paper thin. I honestly feel like chopping all of my hair off. It I felt it would grow back even and healthy I would... But I know better. Chopping my thinning hair will leave me with no comb over, which would just be too much to bear right now.




No comments:
Post a Comment